Sunday, August 19, 2012

Say hello to Remi!

Things have been pretty quiet in the Oh My Pibbles! household. While still working on the Open Letter series, I thought I'd take a moment to introduce our newest family member, Remi. Axle hasn't been coping well as an only dog. He's tried to make do by playing with the cats, but it just isn't the same. We knew we would have another dog one day, but we weren't sure what. We did know that we wanted a female, around half Axle's size, good temperament, and friendly. I had met a few Boykin Spaniels before, but we had our minds open to anything. I kept my eye on the local shelters, rescues, and classifieds. That's when I saw her, posted back in June, "free to good home."

We've named her Remi...well, my husband named her Remington High Brass, but I call her Remi. :) She's a 10 month old Boykin Spaniel, and such a sweetheart. According to the guy we got her from, she was his parent's dog. They got a dog when "they didn't need one," and she became "too much" for them. She is highly energetic, so I can only imagine... 

Axle is head over heels, for sure!


2 comments:

  1. Axle is still my favorite. (: I love the kittens. They're getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are 5 1/2 months now and growing every day. They are a lot better now that they're older...less destructive tendencies for sure!

    Axle is already acting happier with a lady in the house again. I wish things had worked out with Spuds, but can't change what I had no control over...

    ReplyDelete