Wednesday, November 11, 2015

BarkWorld

This past weekend, I left my quiet home  in the country and headed to the big city of Atlanta, Georgia. I was going to my very first BarkWorld!

I'm a bit ashamed to admit that, before this year, I had never heard of BarkWorld. I had no idea what to expect!

Axle and the cats stayed home with my husband, while my daughter, my Nana and her dog, and myself all hit the road towards Atlanta.

The next day and a half was a bit of a blur, a mix of seminars, networking, and a futile search for sweet tea. Lord knows I love my sweet tea, and there was not a drop to be found in the hotel or surrounding restaurants! My aunt didn't have any, either, which simply blows my mind. I'm pretty sure I drank a gallon once I got home.

Now, don't be fooled. There was tea around...unsweetened, herbal, hot teas of many varieties, but when I asked for sweet, I was offered sweeteners or peach tea. Bless that waitress's heart, ain't nothing worse than no sweet tea than PEACH tea! I like my peaches fresh and unadulterated, thank you.

If I go next year, rest assured I'll be pulling a Duck Dynasty and hauling around my own personal gallon of sweet tea!

All kidding aside, it was a wonderful experience, and I was simply overwhelmed at the amount of passionate fellow dog lovers in attendance. I will be writing about a few of them, including Shorty Rossi (Pit Boss) and a young entrepreneur by the name of Isabella (Isabella's Pet Shop).

Perhaps the best part was meeting several people that I had only interacted with online, particularly my "boss's boss," as she referred to herself, Vicky Walker; my editor/boss, Pamela Mitchell; Dogster community manager, Lori Malm; and fellow Dogster/Catster writers Susan, Lisa, and Toni. They are truly amazing women, and just being around them and hearing their stories made my heart want to explode! We all enjoyed dinner together that Friday night, and the talent and passion at that table was astounding.

Seriously, I can't sing their praises enough! I am so grateful to have been taken into the formerly SayMedia and presently I-5 Publishing fold. 

Catch up with me on Dogster.com soon, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment